View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Intermittant connection causes false huge CPM spike 

Station ID 1:F467AEF7.3 Redding, CA, US

On 2015.04.06 at 16:30 an intermittent connection at the serial to USB adapter resulted in spurious noise which registered a false high CPM count of 4123. I can go into the log file and remove the offending data entry if that will help fix the anomalous record in the charts on NETC.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:28 am

Ron TheFlash Smith wrote:
Station ID 1:F467AEF7.3 Redding, CA, US

On 2015.04.06 at 16:30 an intermittent connection at the serial to USB adapter resulted in spurious noise which registered a false high CPM count of 4123. I can go into the log file and remove the offending data entry if that will help fix the anomalous record in the charts on NETC.

Thanks for bringing this false reading to everyones attention. An ADMIN can also remove the spike, once they see this post.

With the current storms across the United States, we are seeing a real rise in reading on many stations. The Colorado EPA gamma station just hit a 6 month high. As a storm is scheduled to hit my area in the next 8 hours, I should see my South Beloit Illinois station rise too.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:59 am

Thanks for the reply, King Cobra, in general I have seen a definite uptick in hot particles over the last 6 months myself here in Redding, CA. This also coincides with a noticeable increase in the amount of captured "dust" that my 5 electrostatic cleaners in the shop collect to the point that I now feel it necessary to clean them daily. I also feel that this rise in particulate matter corresponds to the amount of the appearance of aerosol operations in the Northern California skies.

I have edited the local data log file and changed the spike value to 41 from 4123, so hopefully the NETC Admin can correct and match the value in the charts because having that spike present in the online charts makes the normal data buried along the baseline and virtually invisible.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]