View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Station ID 1:EBEB8CE7 Lawrence, KS, US 

Testing to see if I can post. Thanks Kyle! Teeko from KC

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:18 pm

Hopefully it's just a software glitch

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 pm

KingCobra wrote:
@Kyle_G - Does the screen on the geiger counter show the high CPM that you are talking about or are those high CPM only seen through the NETC software? If the geiger counter screen does not show the same high counts, this is because you do not have the newest NETC software version. Therefore, your high readings are false.

KC the geiger counter was showing the same high reading.

What version of the NETC software are you currently using?

Well if I'm looking at the right thing I've got GQGMCD DataViewer 2.04b

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:23 pm

@Kyle_G - Not the software from GQ. I am talking about the NETC program that you are using to upload your LIVE data to the NETC network. What version of that are you currently using?

Does your geiger counters display screen show the same high CPM readings that NETC is reporting?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 pm

KC...I'm not sure where to look for the version number. If it is the PL-2303 USB to Serial driver it says version 1.2.10

Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Kyle_G wrote:
KC...I'm not sure where to look for the version number. If it is the PL-2303 USB to Serial driver it says version 1.2.10

First - Does your geiger counters screen display show the same high CPM readings that you are reporting through NETC?

Are you using the FREE Windows software from NETC to upload your geiger counter data to the NETC network? If so, that NETC Windows programs version.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 pm

As I reported above the geiger counter cpm are the same as what I see on netc.com
The geiger is plugged into PI raspberry to upload data to netc so I'm guessing it does not use the netc windows program.

KingCobra wrote:
First - Does your geiger counters screen display show the same high CPM readings that you are reporting through NETC?

Are you using the FREE Windows software from NETC to upload your geiger counter data to the NETC network? If so, that NETC Windows programs version.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:15 pm

@Kyle_G - They were both reading the same CPM when it was 1,500 CPM?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:20 pm

It was around 4 am when it peaked at 1575 so I was asleep. It was right after 8 am when I looked at netc website on the computer and the reading was around 900 on my last data point on my netc chart and that is what the geiger was reading when I checked it about 30 seconds later.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Kyle_G wrote:
It was around 4 am when it peaked at 1575 so I was asleep. It was right after 8 am when I looked at netc website on the computer and the reading was around 900 on my last data point on my netc chart and that is what the geiger was reading when I checked it about 30 seconds later.

Well if the geiger counter did show the higher reading too, this is a concern because either there is something wrong with your geiger counter or real radiation. Try shutting off the geiger counter and then unplug it. Then restart the geiger counter on battery only and see if you still get the high readings. You can disconnect it from NETC too after you shut it down.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next