View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Sudden drop in radiation around Fukushima 

Has anybody looked at the history graphs today of radiation around the Fukushima area? It looks like in the last day, a lot of them suddenly dropped by more than 50%. This does not look like normal behavior. Is there a reasonable explanation? :roll:

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Sorry for replying to myself, but I have a theory. According to news reports, there is heavy snowfall along the east coast of Japan. Maybe the snow is blocking the radiation from the Geiger counters.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 pm

I've wondered the same thing....
How do we know the Data from Japan is reputable? Considering Tepco and the Japanese Government has been lying from the start of Fukushima, and they have extreme control over the population and the media. Who is in control of the Data coming out of Japan??

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:05 pm

wendymd4 wrote:
I've wondered the same thing....
How do we know the Data from Japan is reputable? Considering Tepco and the Japanese Government has been lying from the start of Fukushima, and they have extreme control over the population and the media. Who is in control of the Data coming out of Japan??

Anyone can follow current weather radar both in the US and Japan to verify what radiation monitoring stations show true rises in radiation and which ones don't. Radiation levels almost are almost always seen to rise with precipitation.

As for where does the Japan data come from?

This answer and many others have been/are answered within this forum.

https://www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks. I checked the site mentioned and then looked at many of the individual monitoring stations info. Wish I could read Japanese! The thing that still makes me wonder, and feel leery is that each link is associated with the Japanese Nuclear Regulation Authority, whoever they are...
Although I still check Japans monitoring stations regularly, I'm now at a point where I don't believe the info. is trustworthy. Perhaps if I could read Japanese, then I might see reason to believe differently, and perhaps the info. allowed to be shown is not being controlled by Tepco & Gov.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:43 pm

I do not trust 100% the exact readings in terms of CPM or dose but if I see the stations rise with the weather radar, I trust the station enough to verify an increase in radiation. At this point just knowing for sure if the radiation is going up higher, is helpful.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:11 pm

In addition, most of Japan posts radiation now with milliseverts (sp) rather than CPM. It is not a one-to-one.
And yes, I know, I need to get the relationship correct.
And get my station set up. Sigh.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]