View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 300e display shows cpm counts, but online shows 0cpm? 

300e appears to be measuring cpm...
display shows dynamic, updating counts in what has been the usual range.
But...
online I display as 0 cpm.

Advice please.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:40 am

EB63139B wrote:
300e appears to be measuring cpm...
display shows dynamic, updating counts in what has been the usual range.
But...
online I display as 0 cpm.

Advice please.

Feel free to email staff@netc.com or harlan@netc.com if an ADMIN does not answer your tech problem here first.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:44 am
Site Admin

There is a new version ready to be uploaded to your PI. It fixes problem with spikes and daylight time change.
Email staff@netc.com and we will upload the new version.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:32 am

I have a simular problem. I have a 300a usb to hp laptop. Before attempting to register I ran the "logger" program, my logger displayed cpm readings 40 times higher than my 300a. Since then I have tried to register, no luck, emailed for assistance in registering, no luck.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:37 pm

It would *appear* in my case the issue had to do with my cpu not getting the data from the 300e, and this strongly *appears* via testing and deduction to be centered around the stability of the USB connection/port on the 300e. If I were dealing with that situation again, I'd definitely start there. Ensure everything's properly seated, swap the cable, etc. In my case, we used a right-angle usb adapter at the 300e, and while it hasn't eliminated the issue entirely, it has drastically improved the reliability by probably close to 90%.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Hello world! New station, Grayling Skies, Portland, Maine coming on line today. I had the same problem, having 0 CPM out. I had changed one thing, using a different USB connection on my laptop. The computer has to be rebooted to re-establish the datalink. Once I realized it, that fixed it for me.

In messing around with the beta versus gamma feeds to my horror I also discovered my station went from one of the safest to one of the locations with the highest concentrations of gamma rays in the nation. I don't even know how to get the gamma readouts. I will have to do some catching up on my reading.

GS

And find a good avatar!

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]