View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Weird Exhaust smells on Maui...still ! 

Well the carbon monoxide detectors arrived and so far when we did smell the odor ( like car exhaust) the detectors detected NOTHING.
BUT , we have noticed that every time my husband and I do smell this odd stringent odor within 8 hours to 12 hours it gets hazy outside and soon rains, and I mean downpour.
We have been living here off and on for nearly 4 years and have NEVER experienced weather like this before, islanders who have lived here all there lives are saying the same thing.
When we do smell it our eyes sting, we cough, and sometimes feel nausea.
Maui this time of year or most of the time is sunny, bright & clear, with off and on drizzle , this year totally different.
O well what to do except keep posting to expose it. Now we cover our nose when the odor arrives, it doesn't last long.
Enclosed pic of today and most days lately.
Sincerely
Maui Islander LIGHTSTORM

LIGHTSTORM

Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:33 pm

If it makes you feel any better, wild weather is typical there in Feb and March. Although it is not the actual wet season, I remember our school carnivals growing up were always guaranteed to be flooded... so since they were always held at the end of Feb... (you would think they would eventually change the date, but it was a tradition).

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am

sry to hear abt the smell, the pic sure looks nice!
rc

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 am

I know you've said this is an 'exhaust' smell but unless you're directly downwind from a source for that like a machining company, car repair place, agricultural work, etc., that's unlikely.

Could you be downwind from the Texas-sized tsunami garbage? There's got to be a massive amount of oil and diesel spill associated with that, also.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 pm

signalfire wrote:
...Could you be downwind from the Texas-sized tsunami garbage? There's got to be a massive amount of oil and diesel spill associated with that, also.

That is a very good guess.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:25 pm

Aloha from Maui
Well, that weird odor that comes in the night and odd weather seem to be linked.
Others have been smelling it also, at night (because if you can't see it , you can't prove it, but more people are starting to smell it) least that's the buz at our local health food store.
Who knows, except, CEO's of Monsanto and the Industrial Military Complex what evil poisonous crap the thoughtless arrogant bastards are spraying on us just to have power over the weather our food and our water (Bad karma for them). When will they learn?? Because soon there will be no one around to enjoy the weather, run their machines, clean their homes, or cook their food, guess they ( powers ruling our corporate world ) believe that only the strong will survive .....ha ha , at least you guys could make that awful odor smell nicer whale we're still around, but that might be asking to much.
PS.
Chem trail chemicals are listed on line but we would like to analyze this weird odor in our area, so...
Anyone know of an inexpensive air tester to analyze the chemicals being sprayed in our area when the odor appears ? (West Maui)
PS
Bought an oxygen tank today so we can remember what real air smells like. Ha ha!
Stay healthy & happy
In love and light

LIGHTSTORM

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Canadian Defense Minister exposes
Military industrial complex and shadow Government!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMG-XEN9sMg

Sending LOVE & LIGHT♡

LIGHTSTORM

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:55 pm

When doing research on what so many call chemicals, we should us the name the iscientists call it: Geoengineering

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:48 am

Someone should take an air sample and do gas chromatography on it.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:37 am

First time this happened it was around November 2013 at 3:30 am, my husbands coughing woke me up to an odd odor so I went outside and walked all around the house just to see if I could sense where it was coming from, couldn't find a source, it sort of smelled like car exhaust but saw nothing except for the low hum of jets over head, in fact we bought 2 carbon monoxide alarm meters for the upstairs and downstairs so far when we do smell that odd odor the units don't read that pituicular gas.
Last Thursday night 1/ 15 we heard the Jets over head again and woke up to gray sky's along with that strange odor off and on . It seems heavier than air O2 because it's like a heavy cloud that sticks together and moves around, I have smelled it and walked to another part of the room and the odor is gone. Sorry for sounding crazy, I don't know how to describe something that I can't explain.
"Are they spraying us or what?
I have always had a super sniffer I might be slightly near sighted but all my life I could always smell things before others or smell things others can't, in the case of this weird Odor I wish I didn't have this hightened sense because it's such an odd acidic odor sometimes I feel nuts when I smell it and my husband cant, I know that I'm not nuts because I have tested myself, when I first smelled it I said nothing but noticed a minute later my husband would start coughing and this happened every time I smelled it, my husband doesn't smell it but his body does react to it, it also makes me cough and my eyes sting. When I blog or talk about it to other people it stops for a couple of weeks, it's BACK again and so are the odd gray skys. Good news, some family visited from the mainland last month that night we heard the jets overhead and that morning that odor returned, (sadly getting use to it, it lingers like little pockets around the house then leaves) my cousin sort of walked through it after I had a few minutes prior, I was making coffee he then asked me if I smelled an odd odor I looked at him and gave him the biggest hug relieved that SOMEONE ELSE SMELLED IT! We even had a mold inspector come last year to check the walls in our home for mold, 200 dollars later No mold !
Last night was the first time in a while it started again, and this morning also along with the gray skys. 3 weeks ago no odor at all I thought maybe their done with whatever it is their doing, until yesterday. Last year was terrible, at least once a week I smelled that odor, so much we even bought an oxygen tank .
Anyone out there in Kaanapali area hearing jets at night around 2 or 3 am or smelling anything Odd, ANYONE? And I know what Vog smells like it's not Vog!
Thanks for letting me vent
The crazy gal up the hill

LIGHTSTORM

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next