View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Station ID: 1:8A000015.4 Edmond, OK, US 

Station ID: 1:8A000015.4
Edmond Oklahoma
Windows XP PC
GQ GMC-300 Geiger counter
Inside the house setting on a window sill approx 5ft above ground level.

I have so far collected 9 months of accurate data with the exception of a few very high spikes that appeared back in March and April of 2013. The spikes were a glitch that has been resolved.

This station shows on the map in Oklahoma City but is located in Edmond Oklahoma. I felt it necessary to slightly move the map location for this unit because the RADCON dot completely covered the RADCON of my other more active Station ID: 1:EB436E46 which is now on an air filter outside and should more quickly pickup spikes in airborne hot particles. Now anyone visiting the map can see both at a glance.

Some may not agree with my quick fix to this issue. So feel free to tell me about it. If there is a way to get these two RADCON dots to switch "priority" where station 1:EB436E46 displays on top of station 1:8A000015.4, let me know and I will move the map location back.

I want to acknowledge and thank Harlan "HEY", the site admins and moderators for making this site possible and building this forum into the informative friendly resource that it has become. Keep up the good work and don't let anyone discourage what your doing here.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:55 pm

Lee971 wrote:

This station shows on the map in Oklahoma City but is located in Edmond Oklahoma. I felt it necessary to slightly move the map location for this unit because the RADCON dot completely covered the RADCON of my other more active Station ID: 1:EB436E46 which is now on an air filter outside and should more quickly pickup spikes in airborne hot particles. Now anyone visiting the map can see both at a glance.

Some may not agree with my quick fix to this issue. So feel free to tell me about it. If there is a way to get these two RADCON dots to switch "priority" where station 1:EB436E46 displays on top of station 1:8A000015.4, let me know and I will move the map location back.

Thank you for starting this thread for information about your stations, including changes made to your stations location or thoughts about spikes on your graph as you notice them. You were correct to relocate your stations on the map just enough to allow them to be more easily seen on the map. I have done the same thing with my South Beloit stations and as NETC grows, more people will need to do the same thing. Sometime down the road when time & priority permits, I believe a new feature will likely be created to eliminate the need for this current work-around.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:21 pm

This station has been renamed due to a duplicate MAC address. The new name is
Station ID: 1:EDMONDOK.4 Edmond, OK, US

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]