View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Problems Station EBE9D457 Tucker Georgia 

Station EBE9D457 is down again. Every time I attempt to move to a more desirable location for monitoring, this unit the GMC-300E goes down. I have been down for 24 hours. Is this unit so sensitive that I cannot touch it?
I have repeatedly had issues with this unit going down. It always seems to be down when the radiation in my area has gone up. The EPA monitor in Atlanta is at Radcon 3 today. I don't know what my unit says, the face of the unit is always off, and if I touch the unit it quits working.
I went to move the unit from inside the open window yesterday, to outdoors in an area on my open porch, where rain cannot reach the unit. The unit quit working. I have emailed staff@netc.com numerous times, and no one responds.

I love having my station, but when it refuses to operate, it is nothing more than a cute paperweight. I don't need a cute paperweight, I need something I can depend on. I did not purchase the cheapest model, I purchased this unit for my birthday present from my family last November. The only thing I wanted, was to monitor. I asked for nothing else. So, crazy as that may have sounded, that was what I got for my birthday present.

I need assistance. I need a unit, that if I want to go up to North GA mountains and take my unit to monitor while gone, I need one that works. I need my unit to work, when I make a new place to monitor that will pick up better. I don't need one that every time I touch it, it will no longer work.

Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

You bought your unit on Oct 21, 2013 and your warranty is for one year. GQ Electronics handles the warranty on the Geiger Counter so please send it back to them if you think it is the Geiger Counter. Email them at:
support@gqelectronicsllc.com

Netc.com will be glad to check out the PI and power supply and wifi. Please send it to:
NETC.com, LLC
335 Section Line RD, Unit #21415
Hot Springs, AR 71903

staff@netc.com

Mon May 05, 2014 11:47 am
Server Admin

Two Questions:

Did you ever log into the pi and correct the wifi password issue we informed you of weeks ago?

When you moved it to your porch, is the ethernet still plugged in?

Mon May 05, 2014 11:54 am
Profile WWW

Zehd wrote:
Two Questions:

Did you ever log into the pi and correct the wifi password issue we informed you of weeks ago?

When you moved it to your porch, is the ethernet still plugged in?

I got the number off the router, entered it in, and it is still 9 digits though and Uverse insists that it is the right number. I don't know, it still don't work.
Yes, when I moved it to the porch, I still have the ethernet plugged in.

I don't know what else to try, if there is something I will be more than glad to try it, but apparently, 9 digits is too many, and that is what I have. Why would I all of the sudden have trouble, after months of no trouble? I don't know, so I ask yall.

I still have it hooked up now, with both wi-fi and hard wire, and I get nothing on the map, and nothing when checking the pi - all it says is loading. A few minutes before that, it said that I was at 100% on the 2-wire (wi-fi), and there is still nothing on the graph or any indication that it has ever been connected.

Tue May 06, 2014 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Server Admin

nootkabear wrote:
I got the number off the router, entered it in, and it is still 9 digits though and Uverse insists that it is the right number. I don't know, it still don't work.
9 digits is unusual--it's usually 8 digits (or 10). The only real requirement is that it must be at least 8 digits, it's up to the manufacturer what they pick. It's also possible to change it by logging into the web console of the access point, and someone may have done so.
Quote:

I still have it hooked up now, with both wi-fi and hard wire, and I get nothing on the map, and nothing when checking the pi - all it says is loading. A few minutes before that, it said that I was at 100% on the 2-wire (wi-fi), and there is still nothing on the graph or any indication that it has ever been connected.
And I'm... not even seeing the message on my end that the pi started all the way. It could be that the usb cable is loose or making a bad connections (that is one thing that would cause the lack of traffic that we're seeing on our end)

Tue May 06, 2014 3:20 pm
Profile WWW

Zehd wrote:
$2
nootkabear wrote:
9 digits is unusual--it's usually 8 digits (or 10). The only real requirement is that it must be at least 8 digits, it's up to the manufacturer what they pick. It's also possible to change it by logging into the web console of the access point, and someone may have done so.
Quote:

And I'm... not even seeing the message on my end that the pi started all the way. It could be that the usb cable is loose or making a bad connections (that is one thing that would cause the lack of traffic that we're seeing on our end)

Ok, I will check the connections again. The one into the 300 has never fit very tightly and any resistance on it seems to cause problems, so I try to be really careful with that connection. Let me check all the other connections again, and that one to be sure, seems like it should be doing something by now.

Tue May 06, 2014 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]