View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hanford is falling apart! More current news... 

{{ KING 5 News is a major MSM outlet in Western WA state/Seattle area }}

[ A clipped comment said there were "6 tanks" of concern/failure... What a farce, there have been far more "tank failures" noted at this ex-cold war nuke Pu mfg site over the past 30 years! There is also an underground plume of rad materials moving TOWARDS the COLUMBIA RIVER right now...and for many years...the formation of movement is identified as having an "outlet" IN THE RIVER... These are some very, very, nasty byproducts that they put in buried tanks - which then proceeded to eat the tanks themselves!.. ]

KING 5 News, Susannah Frame, Mar. 25, 2014: Hanford sources tell the KING 5 Investigators that at least 11 people have gotten sick in the last six days after breathing in toxic fumes while working near underground tanks holding hazardous nuclear waste. [...] The first two workers to fall ill in the last week breathed in fumes that “tasted like copper” on Wednesday, March 19. [...] both are still suffering effects of breathing in the vapors: headache, chest pain, difficulty breathing, nose bleeds and sore throats. One employee has coughed up blood. Sources who work in this area of Hanford tell KING [...] this is “extremely unusual” to have symptoms persist this long. The next batch of employees to get sick breathed in fumes today, Tuesday, March 25. Four WRPS employees breathed in vapors at 9:00 am and were immediately transported to a medical facility [...] the tank farm, identified as AY-AZ farm was evacuated [...] Immediately afterward two employees from what’s known as the industrial hygiene department of WRPS [Washington River Protection Solutions], who monitor chemical exposures, were sent out to investigate and they too, had reactions to the fumes and were transported to the onsite medical facility. [...] Sources tell KING 5 that three additional employees got sick from ingesting fumes later on Tuesday. These WRPS employees were working in a different portion of the tank farm [...] about 8 to 10 miles from the AY-AZ farm. That location was also deemed a Vapor Control Zone and was evacuated. Sources say two were transported to the hospital by ambulance and one was transported to the HPMC.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 pm

I just seen this too on http://www.EneNews.com :shock:

This started 6 days ago and we are just now hearing about it, standard procedures in place I see.

Come on people setup your geiger counter stations for less than $100.

NETC lets you connect for free with their Windows download program and you can buy a GMC-200 from GQ Electronics. You cannot afford not to do it when a disaster hits. Of course an outside air purifier unit like mine is best. Drill a hole in your wall and run the usb cord from the PC outside and put the geiger counter on a purifier.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm new to this so please excuse any questions that sound naive, but why all the red rad markers on the map in the eastern part of US? Is this from Fukishima or our own nuclear waste facilities ?

Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Payne53[] wrote:
I'm new to this so please excuse any questions that sound naive, but why all the red rad markers on the map in the eastern part of US? Is this from Fukishima or our own nuclear waste facilities ?

We really can't prove 100% where the radiation source is from. Although if we follow the same patterns through the jetstream starting on the West Coast, Fukushima would be a safe guess.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Thanks King Cobra......just noticed west coast wasn't as hot as eastern US. Guess the mountains out there are not stopping all the radiation. Was that ever to be believed anyway?

Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:04 pm

one factor is the jet stream
another is the placement of netc users.
a third is population concentrations and industrial/manufacturing concerns concentrated more on the east coast/midwest.

I am sure there are a number of other factors which could be applied when attempting to interpret the netc chart.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:37 pm

rustycase wrote:
one factor is the jet stream
another is the placement of netc users.
a third is population concentrations and industrial/manufacturing concerns concentrated more on the east coast/midwest.

I am sure there are a number of other factors which could be applied when attempting to interpret the netc chart.

Very true, many possible factors for radiation sources. Since the question seemed to question the source as be possibly Fukushima, I only mentioned the jetstream as a main factor.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:05 am

I have been watching it blow up along the middle to eastern part of the country and thought it was Fukushima too. After seeing this article, hmmmm... it would make sense. It is now getting us from the SW (WIPP)and the NW (Hanford).... geez.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:06 pm

As time goes by, perhaps groundswell efforts such as NETC will grow and provide comprehensive information for all.
;)

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:58 am

Our local lame/main stream media has a Facebook page and daily they post asking for story suggestions in the comments section under each of their daily posts. The TV station often replies to the comments posted and of course the viewing Facebook public can "LIKE" any of the posted story suggestions. My suggestion about Fukushima and or the WIPP New Mexico leak/cover-up received 1 "LIKE" while a suggestion about a recent kitten out of a tree rescue received 10 "LIKE" :?

:!: Like the days of Noah, people really enjoy being clueless.

People who watch or post on EneNews are the target audience because they already care enough about the nuclear/radiation problems enough to read about them but even many of those people refuse to buy even a $85 GMC-200 geiger counter from GQ Electronics and hook it up to the FREE software from NETC. Just AMAZING and when (not if) the next nuclear accident happens and they have no idea of the levels they are being exposed to, too bad for them!

Quote:
You can lead a horse to water (but you can't make him/it drink).
something that you say which means you can give someone the opportunity to do something, but you cannot force them to do it if they do not want to.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/You+can+lead+a+horse+to+water

Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next