View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Why EPA sites disappeared March 23. 2017? 

I am assuming that the EPA has shut off all of the US radiation monitoring stations or is not releasing the information since Mar. 23rd. Is there any information as to why they are not reporting and if or when they will provide public information again? Also the private gamma radiation monitors are reporting very low radiation counts compared to past. Are these reliable numbers?

Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am
Site Admin

We are checking into the EPA sites. The private stations are reporting the same information as they always have been doing, check the charts and you will see that is true.

Harlan, Netc.com

Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks for looking into this.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:42 am
Site Admin

Here is the latest news, the EPA radnet server is having problems, no data, all data will return when they fix the radnet server. Until President Trump's budget is passed, the EPA radnet server is operational. So write Congress to keep funding EPA radnet system. EPA office of Radiation and Indoor Air, 202-343-9290 in Washington DC, is the people to thank for the hard work of providing radiation data to the public.

Harlan, Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for getting answer for me. I will send an email to my legislator today. With the massive changes being proposed for several Federal agencies including the EPA is funding, scope of responsibility, and regulations, I can see the Radnet being eliminated. We need to keep an eye on the EPA changes an notify people if we think this is becoming a reality.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]