View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Returned my defective GC-300E..other detectors? 

Got my new Atomic Dave geiger. WOW! VERY COOL! 8-)
Okay, I have it working in the network and on the map it shows the Silver City location. However, when I click on it is says Las Cruces :?: :( What gives? I ain't in no steenkin' Las Cruces :D
Any way to change it or is that the way it is?

As to the geiger...working great and very versatile as well as sensitive. It's bigger than I thought it would be and that is a good thing. My fingers are full of diabetic neuropathy and handling small stuff often leads to dropping things. There is a nice metal handle on it that is easy to grab and doesn't interfere with operation at all.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Deputy wrote:
Okay, I have it working in the network and on the map it shows the Silver City location. However, when I click on it is says Las Cruces :?: :( What gives? I ain't in no steenkin' Las Cruces :D

Looks like a nice unit. I am glad it works just as you expected. 8-)

Don't feel bad about the location problem, I have the same problem. On my chart it shows my location as Beloit, WI. Of course Beloit Wisconsin is right next to me, it is not my true location which is South Beloit Illinois. I will ask hey/Harlan again about this but if I remember correctly, I believe Harlan told me before that it is a Google Map thing and there is nothing he can do about it.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:14 pm

KingCobra wrote:
$2
Deputy wrote:

Looks like a nice unit. I am glad it works just as you expected. 8-)

Don't feel bad about the location problem, I have the same problem. On my chart it shows my location as Beloit, WI. Of course Beloit Wisconsin is right next to me, it is not my true location which is South Beloit Illinois. I will ask hey/Harlan again about this but if I remember correctly, I believe Harlan told me before that it is a Google Map thing and there is nothing he can do about it.

Thanks for the quick reply KC. I kinda figured it was something like that. No biggie. At least on the map it shows my location as Silver City. :)
I really like the Atomic Dave counter. He even included a bunch of stick-on replacement labels in case the one on the geiger box is affected by heat and starts peeling off.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:28 pm

Did he send you a free test sample? He did with the unit I bought, it looks like a small broken piece of fiestware.

I wonder if he busted the plate in pieces himself and if so, what kind of gear was he wearing it. :shock:

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 pm

Yep, got a piece of fiestawear in a nifty little screw-top container with a radioactive sticker on it. I think someone sells busted fiestawear pieces on E-Bay...one piece at a time! :o

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:35 pm

I just picked up one of Atomic Dave's Borg Geiger counters. Should be here by the end of the week. It looks awfully nice for the price, hope it was a good buy. I needed something with a pancake tube and this seemed to fit the bill.

How does this compare to the Inspector as far as sensitivity goes?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 pm

rdesrosi wrote:
I just picked up one of Atomic Dave's Borg Geiger counters. Should be here by the end of the week. It looks awfully nice for the price, hope it was a good buy. I needed something with a pancake tube and this seemed to fit the bill.

What is the warranty offered by Atomic Dave on the units pancake GM tube?

As for the sensitivity of your unit vs. an Inspector, I can only assume they would be very close to the same. I have the Mazur 9000 and InspectorEXP (both pancake) and they are so close it don't matter. The Mazur 9000 has built in feature that I like more than the InspectorEXP for field testing but I hate how hard it is to change the battery in the Mazur 9000.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Looks to be 6 months parts and 1 year labor. I think that is a little better then the other Pancake tubes I was looking at that were more around the 90 day mark for their warranty.

It is supposed to be here Thursday or Friday and he is sending a few test sources as well so I will post back here once I get to play with it a bit.

Not sure I will use this to connect up to NETC, I am not sure how long the life is on that tube and don't want to be replacing it too often so I think I will keep my GMC-200 as my site for now.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:15 am

My CDV-700RP pancake has a 1 year warranty. My Atomic Dave has a 6 month on the whole unit.
It is equipped with dual SI-29BG muller tubes. I REALLY like that the Atomic Dave uses a Lithium Ion battery. It charged up very quickly. The GMC-300 with the 9 volt battery never showed it as being fully charged.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:18 am

Deputy wrote:
My CDV-700RP pancake has a 1 year warranty. My Atomic Dave has a 6 month on the whole unit.
It is equipped with dual SI-29BG muller tubes. I REALLY like that the Atomic Dave uses a Lithium Ion battery. It charged up very quickly. The GMC-300 with the 9 volt battery never showed it as being fully charged.

Interesting, because all the big manufactures seem to offer 1 year on the units and 90 days or less on the pancake GM tube. I assume because the manufacture of the pancake GM tube will not warranty it past that date and the other companies (including Atomic Dave) do not want to get stuck paying out of pocket for it.

I need to start looking into the warranty and lifespan of a scintillation counter probe because if they are longer than a pancake GM tube, the difference in price might be worth it.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next