View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 My Soapbox Rant 

A $85 GMC-200 geiger counter from GQ Electronics and free Windows download software from NETC will give you your own station and aid everyone in the world to track this nightmare. The above suggested station gives no money to NETC and I know if you considered this a priority, you would cut back on cigs, beer or entertainment for one month to afford this one time cost.

I am so sick of people who rely on others to hold their hand and act as if it is others responsibility to monitor radiation levels for your area. While the EPA does take our tax dollars for this purpose, you will/are not get what your paying for...TRUST ME!

If your serious about protecting your family and at least know for yourself if your local nuclear plant is having problems, get your own station. It makes me sick that so many are interested enough to ask questions and talk about it but fall short of having a station of their own.

P.S. - Yes, I am having a great Valentine's Day. :D

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:10 pm

I've had people try to make fun of me for having a Geiger counter. The angle seems to be that I must be ultra-paranoid, or have irrational beliefs. But it's easy to shoot down these people just by pointing out that I have the real information, whereas they have to rely blindly on what the government tells them.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:18 am

I got one of your set ups only to,discover that it was windows based. The whole.world does not run on windows. Those of us who live in Redmond, home,of Microsoft! Have the common sense to go with a MAC! Solutions? I would love to have my unit up and running but not if it means having to get a windows computer!

Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:46 pm

It works with windows because it's easy to find a cheap junky Windows computer that you don't mind leaving on 24/7. The real trick is finding one that doesn't crash constantly. :D

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Somoob wrote:
I got one of your set ups only to,discover that it was windows based. The whole.world does not run on windows. Those of us who live in Redmond, home,of Microsoft! Have the common sense to go with a MAC! Solutions? I would love to have my unit up and running but not if it means having to get a windows computer!

The free Windows software download was created because most people own a Windows system and it allows people who already own a geiger counter to connect to NETC for free. I know of no other radiation monitoring network than NETC that cares enough to allow strangers/users to setup a radiation monitoring station for free.

The best monitoring stations have a geiger counter outside where the beta radiation can reach it. For this reason, NETC offers a mini computer Raspberry Pi setup that makes an outside station easy.

Seen here: http://www.netc.com/Radiation%20Equipment%20Compatible.html

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]