View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 What do you do when you see it spiking? 

I know you stay indoors, I have the purifiers running, but what else do you do when the maps show it hitting your area?

Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Staying inside with the windows closed is really the most common thing you can do.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Ooops wrote:
I know you stay indoors, I have the purifiers running, but what else do you do when the maps show it hitting your area?

Meditate, pray.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:06 pm

I am in Denver, it hit 120 and then they took it offline... someone in Cheyenne with a personal detector said it hit 160. Any ideas? Should I be panicking?

Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:14 pm

I panicked often when I first started paying attention about 7 months ago, and it didn't help me any.

I live 100 miles East of Tucson AZ. The EPA station there, regularly shows counts of higher than 300 CPM and more. What gives me some peace of mind
is: taking my Iosol (liquid iodine from swansons vitamins) , diatomaceous earth , and calcium every day, also do essiac tea ( I order from essiac west). Than once or twice a week I take niacin, only about 250mg after dinner, before bed. Doing this ,makes me feel proactive about it all to a point.

I start a full time job again next week and I'll be able to buy the program and get on line here. I encourage my Husband to- Not go out when it's above 400 and the wind is blowing our way, he works outside. When he does anyway, I pour his bath with Epsom salts and baking soda.
The way I see it, I'm not getting hit with large one time spikes once a year, I am being irradiated all the time and my only hope is to try to get it out a bit at a time.
[this situation is so insidious, with so many avenues of attack and death and destruction that are in many ways to big for one person to fight alone,] You aren't alone in your survival instinct, do what you can in logical- common sense approaches. Get online here- Be a light to others. Arm yourself with the truth, be aware and try not to worry to much. Good luck friend :)

Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:49 pm

Thank you for your kind words. We are used to high readings here... sorry, I should have specified those were not gamma readings (where we are typically above 300) those were (I think they are called beta or alpha?) where most of the country is usually 10's-40's. We have been creeping up to 60, but stayed between 100-120 all night. Woke up to fresh snow though. The Denver meter is still offline, but someone in Cheyenne (who was at 160 last night) said theirs was back down to 35. So I think it was a Fukushima weather dump. Uck. But better than the alternative.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 am

Ooops,
I went to the chart members map and turned off the gamma and turned on the beta, whoa! A new realm--Thank you for being a light to me. I had never noticed it before. In Tucson on 11/25/13 it went to 520 :o , 502 Jan 16th this year. Guess that makes the current 76 seem not so startling... Might as well settle in for it, I don't think our readings will be trending down anytime soon. Going back to review the newbie thread with fresh eyes. Thanks again

Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Gracie wrote:
Ooops,
I went to the chart members map and turned off the gamma and turned on the beta, whoa! A new realm--Thank you for being a light to me. I had never noticed it before. In Tucson on 11/25/13 it went to 520 :o , 502 Jan 16th this year. Guess that makes the current 76 seem not so startling... Might as well settle in for it, I don't think our readings will be trending down anytime soon. Going back to review the newbie thread with fresh eyes. Thanks again

I didn't even realize you could turn them off and on! Whoa! LoL I am off to go try that :) Thank you! Yes, I suppose we do have to start getting used to it *sigh*

Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:38 am

It has been quite interesting to watch it in a pattern of spiking, then snowing and going back to normal

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]