View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Raspberry Pi - Mute Audio Feature - Daylight Savings Time 

If any of you that own a Raspberry Pi like me (I own many) and use the "SILENCE ALL AUDIO" feature like I do, you might have noticed a problem after the recent daylight savings time change.

My Raspberry Pi units run 24/7 and has been running non-stop all the way through the daylight saving time change. Today I heard my unit speaking my preset "WARNING LEVEL" before the 10 a.m. time that I have preset in the user options. I forced my Raspberry Pi to reboot because I assumed this would correct the problem, but it didn't. I recently hit the "SAVE SETTINGS NOW" button with hopes that might correct it, even though I did not change any of the settings from previously.

I know an easy workaround for this problem can be changing my start time for the "SILENCE ALL AUDIO" feature to 11 a.m. if I want it to be quiet until 10 a.m. CST.

I just thought I would mention it here in case others ran into the same issue. If this not somehow my fault and really is a software issue/bug, problems like this will get fixed over time but since there is clearly an obvious workaround for it... I know it will take backseat to other more important improvements to NETC as a whole.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:39 am

ADMIN's am I still correct?

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:26 pm

If any of you that own a Raspberry Pi like me (I own many) and use the "SILENCE ALL AUDIO" feature like I do, you might have noticed a problem after the recent daylight savings time change.

My Raspberry Pi units run 24/7 and has been running non-stop all the way through the daylight saving time change. Today I heard my unit speaking my preset "WARNING LEVEL" before the 10 a.m. time that I have preset in the user options. I forced my Raspberry Pi to reboot because I assumed this would correct the problem, but it didn't. I recently hit the "SAVE SETTINGS NOW" button with hopes that might correct it, even though I did not change any of the settings from previously.

I know an easy workaround for this problem can be ch

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]