View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Getting information from PC to website. 

I finaly got the GMC-300E to work on my PC. I just told it to go to port 3.Anyway...I just need to get the info to website. I'm in Berlin Wisconsin. How do I tell the software where I am at? Thank you....mike. :roll: PS..I am getting anywhere from 9-34 CPM. Berlin, Wisconsin (54923).

Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:07 am

Hello from South Beloit, Illinois neighbor and WELCOME to NETC! I am about a mile from the Wisconsin state line and cross it often, you have a great state there and our kids enjoy the Wisconsin Dells every year.

Your network setup question will best be answered by an ADMIN, so I am not going to attempt to answer it.

May I ask if you are considering setting your new station up as an outside or inside station? I have many but one of them is setup outside and on an air purifier for better detection rates. Even without the air purifier, you will more likely get the beta radiation detections if your station is outside vs. inside. The difference is like night and day.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:57 am
Site Admin

Your station is now set to the zipcode. You need to reboot your computer and then turn on the geiger counter and then start up the program. Your data is bad at 127 cpm.
Harlan

Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 pm

I have my GMC-300E inside by a window that is open often....we like the cold air....It's only 21 F outside. What did you mean by data is bad? :cry:

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:54 am

mike454 wrote:
I have my GMC-300E inside by a window that is open often....we like the cold air....It's only 21 F outside. What did you mean by data is bad? :cry:

Your CPM were too high. You said you were using uSv/h rather than CPM. I see you corrected it now, thank you & welcome to the network. We are very happy to have your station on the map 8-)

You might want to clear your data so the previous high reads are erased.

You can reset your data & by:

1. Log-in to NETC
2. Go to the main page http://www.NETC.com
3. You will see your username in the top left corner, click on the blue plus sign.
4. Under the far right column labeled "location set" your current location is blue, click on that.
5. A new screen will pop-up (make sure browser pop-ups are allowed) click on "clear chart data"
6. Now click on "EXIT"

While working on this screen in the past, sometimes it does not seem like it responds so you might have to go into this menu/screen a few times. Also remember that it will take the system about 10 minutes to get more data and post it into the chart on the NETC map so a little patience is required. 8-)

Attachments:
NETC OshKosh WI - Problem With Data Corrected.JPG
NETC OshKosh WI - Problem With Data Corrected.JPG [ 124.48 KiB | Viewed 104464 times ]

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:37 am

I agree 100%

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]