View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Inspector USB not recognized by software 

I am a total noob to Windows and to this software. I use Linux and am Windows handicapped. I searched your FAQ's and couldnt find a related post. Please go easy on me :)

When I plug my Inspector USB, it says the port is open but it doesnt show any activity at all. However, when I start the Observer sorftware it works like it should. I would like to participate in this network. Please help. Thanks

Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 am
Site Admin

what program are you running on Netc.com to send your data.
Harlan

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 am

wapp4netc

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:31 am
Site Admin

Good, remember that was a Free software and it is working in many locations. The software has a hard time trying to find the local port number, there is a drop down box that shows different ports, did you try another one?

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:36 am

By the way, thanks for your reply.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:36 am
Site Admin

I see that you got connected last night. Did it work today?

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:42 am

It isnt showing a connection.... thats weird if it says it does. In the local tab there is a drop down menu with only one (1) port option.

I thought it might be conflicting with the observer software. But I turned it off and still nothing.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:49 am

Im hooked in now. But there is no graph or anything to indicate a data transfer

Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:51 am
Server Admin

Ok, let's start from the beginning:

Turn off any programs that are talking to the geiger counter--only one program can talk to it at a time. If the observer software is running when our windows app starts up it will not even be able to detect the presence of the serial port, so go ahead and turn it off (Local/Quit). Go ahead and turn on the Inspector and plug it in.

I'm afraid that I don't have an Inspector to tell you what setting you need to set to get it to output to the serial port--you may need to ask KingCobra for those settings. You might not have to do anything special.

Then start the wapp4netc program. You may need to check to see if there are multiple serial ports, and to find out which serial port the geiger counter gets assigned to.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

Zehd wrote:
I'm afraid that I don't have an Inspector to tell you what setting you need to set to get it to output to the serial port--you may need to ask KingCobra for those settings. You might not have to do anything special.

I have the InspectorEXP with other than the external pancake GM probe, it should be the same as the Inspector I believe. There really are no special settings on the Inspector, unlike my Mazur 9000 which has to be set to a special output.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next