View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GQ Electronic GMC-300 Works Great - Q/A 
Site Admin

The GMC-300 now works on Netc.com system. I built a mobile unit by using the GMC-300 unit and the Raspberry PI computer. It is running on netc.com, unit is outside collecting data tonight. tomorrow I will be able to tell the difference between inside HSNP and Netc.com unit.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 pm
Site Admin

Update:
The mobile unit worked outside for 12 hours. Battery for the PI lasted 15 hours but the gieger counter is still running. I plan to keep it running until the geiger counter battery dies. I had two units running last night, one inside and the other outside. I will compare the charts later.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:20 am
Site Admin

Update:
I compared te charts from outside vs inside. The inside unit highs were 6 point higher than the outside chart. The average of both units inside and outside was 17. both the same!!! It looks like the building with metal insulation and metal roof does not effect the readings when using a geiger counter that records beta and gamma. This is my first test. It must be repeatable before I say that it is a fact that I will backup with data.
Harlan

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:31 am

It should be repeated during a rainfall when there are high amounts of beta vs. gamma.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 pm

I have just put my GMC-300E on line, I am not running 24 hrs here, only fm 0800L to 2100L daily. My counter stays on but the mainframe goes off etc. Since the counter is off line wonder if there is a way to dump what was in memory over night or is that asking too much?

There is a problem with the map, it shows me in Lomita, I am in Torrance, CA, and not sure what the issue is there as the L/L is correct.

The counter seems to be working just fine and works good on line with wapp4netc, the only problem I have with the counter is the on/off switch seems a little touchy, since I leave it on most of the time it is not a problem….

Gary

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I have just put my GMC-300E on line, I am not running 24 hrs here, only fm 0800L to 2100L daily. My counter stays on but the mainframe goes off etc. Since the counter is off line wonder if there is a way to dump what was in memory over night or is that asking too much?

There is a problem with the map, it shows me in Lomita, I am in Torrance, CA, and not sure what the issue is there as the L/L is correct.

The Raspberry Pi software was written for your problem, the Pi runs software that stays connected to Netc.com and if the Internet is down, it will save the data until the Internet is available again.

Please use a street address and the location will move to Torrance. This is a Google Map problem but using a street address and city help alot.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Thanks for the info, I have fixed the location by telling it just Torrance, CA. When I give it my street, city-state, address it wants to put me in Lomita, which is 2miles down the road.
Gary

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:13 pm
Site Admin

Looks great, thank you for your site. Now there are three stations in Los Angeles California Area. I love the idea that we can verify the readings of the Long Beach, California. Thanks again.
Harlan

Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 pm

More information about the GMC-300 and GMC-300E can be found on this forum here:

https://www.netc.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=341

Although we are happy to assist in troubleshooting everyone with any problems they might have with the geiger counter, clearly we do not have all the answers so sometimes you might need to do further research at the manufactures support forum which can be found here:

http://www.gqelectronicsllc.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=14

Any problems you find and correct, please share them here to assist other users. Thanks in advance!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 am

hey wrote:
Update:
I compared te charts from outside vs inside. The inside unit highs were 6 point higher than the outside chart. The average of both units inside and outside was 17. both the same!!! It looks like the building with metal insulation and metal roof does not effect the readings when using a geiger counter that records beta and gamma. This is my first test. It must be repeatable before I say that it is a fact that I will backup with data.
Harlan

Excellent! I just asked this question of KC about a metal roof affecting readings. Looks like it doesn't. Cool! 8-)

Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next