View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Raspberry Pi app. 

phil410 wrote:
@ KingCobra, is there a link, where you are getting your weather?
Thanks, Phil.

The screen shot above is not my favorite, this one is:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx?basemap=0014&layers=0039,0119,0017

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Much appreciated, Thank you.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Is anyone with a geiger counter unit in a plastic baggie putting in a dessicant? And has anyone currently a unit outside in -40 temps? I am looking for this data, it is relevant to my situation. Thank you.

Also, I have posted Dutchsinse.com with a CPM off a Salmonburger. Woohoo. While this was not done with variables covered, this blogger with his info and heart is needed here. Dutchsinse IDs as Christian. Well-known on YT, FB, etc. Posts Radiation readings for his subscribers on YT with two Inspector geigers, Donated by Inspector (one, at least) . Has 77k subscribers on Youtube alone, many of which need info. Needs to be here. I do not have Techno knowledge to do this. And a search feature for the Forum is needed. I know Hey is trying to catch up.. . How to ? Oy. IDK.

I need to learn how to do this, but have a spouse, church, business to deal with and do not know where to start. I see this sort of thing all the time, a one-man-show very successful business that all of a sudden, has more business than he can handle. And this site is there. I want to help, but a 25% increase in business in a two-week period is challenging for anyone. norski

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 am

norski wrote:
Is anyone with a geiger counter unit in a plastic baggie putting in a dessicant? And has anyone currently a unit outside in -40 temps? I am looking for this data, it is relevant to my situation. Thank you.

I have had my GMC-200 in a zip lock bag outside for 8 months now with no dessicant and I have had no problems yet. I live in the Northern Illinois / Southern Wisconsin area. Everyone's location can create different weather conditions so anytime you put your equipment outside it is at your own risk.

As for temps, this is the coldest my unit has seen outside and still works fine.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2