View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 what standards do you use? Why are some of your CPM readings 
Site Admin

Quote:
My question is, what standards do you use? Why are some of your CPM readings so much higher than what I'm reading?

First, the EPA's webpage says "100 rems" not 100 CPM. Rems is a dose rate and CPM is just a count of all radiation hiting the unit. Netc.com does not set a standards for radiation, that is not our function. Netc.com server is an early warning radiation service that collects the data from each station and calculates the NORM background radiation level and sets alert levels called RADCONs to tell when the radiation is rising at the station, from its historical levels of radiation.

Different equipment causes different readings and Netc.com does not use the radiation levels, it uses the different between the calculated NORM background radiation for that station vs Current radiation value for that station.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:38 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
I noticed yesterday at least 3 RAD-CON 5 Alerts on the map on the west coast. Any comment on that?
We have been watching Japan radiation stations lite up like a Christmas tree, and if it follows the jet stream, it would cause the same problem here in the US in about 3 days later. Just a prediction.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]