View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Forgive me for these last questions that came to mind... 
Site Admin

Forgive me for these last questions that came to mind...
Quote:
I noticed some of the stations that list (CPM of Gamma in energy range 600-800keV) are up in the 300 range for readings versus GMC units that measure much lower such as mine. Is this because of a different type of detector is connected to the system is why its in a higher range?
Very good, you are learning about radiation and there are many different equipment that measures radiation and gives different values.

Quote:
Can the GMC-320 be used for checking radiation in food to any degree?
No, it is not sensitive to measure that small amount of radiation in food and the different type of radioactive material, but when you eat the food, the radiation could make you sick.

Quote:
I see your use of a fan, do you recommend a small fan to blow across the GMC-320 to increase its effectiveness?
Wrong direction. The fan sucks the concentrated radioactive material into the air filter and where the Geiger counter counts the concentrated radioactive material, this way you get a better radiation reading.

Quote:
I have a vent at the top of our cement dome which can allow air to enter the dome, was wondering to block alpha hot particles if a filter would be advisable in case a greater level disaster in Fukushima occurs?
When the radiation get worse, you will need to redesign your air filtering system. Sun and Air and rain are not your friends. People are buying underground caves to live in with filter air systems. Sorry.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]