View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 levels on the west coast 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hello All

I really appreciate your site - it's a great service. My question is: levels on the west coast " NORM" levels seem quite high in comparison with "Norm"
levels elsewhere in the country.... I'm not sure how to interpret these readings. I'm in the San Diego area and we're getting quite high readings.
I know, the information that comes directly from the EPA.gov radnet server. Netc.com calculates the NORM background radiation level and compares it to the current radiation level and set the RADCON condition. Sorry your area, it is higher than other parts of the US but not as high as Japan.

Quote:
Is the San Diego data reliable? How do I interpret this data as some background levels may be higher regionally....
The data is as reliable as what the government is telling us. That is why we need more private radiation monitoring stations.

Quote:
Also, I noticed levels right next door in Tijuana were very low in comparison to San Diego...
The person in Tijuana is a webcast broadcaster and we offer to help him set up his GMC-200 correctly, but he has not responded.

Quote:
There was an article on "Before It's News" about very high levels not being characterized as "Alert" levels....can you comment on this?
There is good news and there is bad news, as long as they are not misquoting me, they can have their own opinion. If you want to make up your own mind, the Alert level means that the radiation at the station has climbed over the 3 months of reliable data from that station and the radiation level has passed all the other tests. An Alert email message is generated. Netc.com did not say it was dangerous, just that the radiation level has more than double over the background radiation level.

Quote:
Is there any need for another monitor in SD? If so, can you recommend a unit? Which is the best in your view?
We always need Radiation Monitoring Stations to set or verify the increasing radiation in the US, specially in San Diego. Please go to our Netc.com website and check out our turn-key radiation monitoring packages. The packages connect from the GMC-xxx to the PI computer directly to your router. No need to keep your computer on 24/7 any more.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]