View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Trouble setting location 

I'm having difficulty setting my location again. I changed my USB converter and it's a different COM port now, and have found that my NETC ID has changed from xxx.5 to xxx.6, with "location not set". The location setting page from WAPP4NETC does not accept any address I type, and I cannot use LAT/LONG as it's greyed out. I've had the same problem before, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Isn't the best way to allow sepcifying LAT/LONG?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:05 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Please trust that I will forward your problem on to the site ADMIN to be addressed.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:14 pm

I got excellent help from the Admin. If a PC is changed so that the MAC is different, or the serial port hardware is changed so the last digit on the NETC list is different, graphs and location may not link up. In my case both had changed, but I was able to alter the serial port settings to be the same number as before.

Thank you.

Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:13 am

I am having a similar problem setting my location. When I start up netc software, it tries to monitor thru COM1. I change it to COM5, and it sees the GC. But when I try to set the location, no address that I try is accepted.
This is the first time I have registered with Netc.com as far as I know :-)

Sat May 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Just set my GMC-500+ up this evening. I too can not set my location. When I type in my address I get the Sorry, there was an error finding that location error message. Plus my wapp4netc is showing 1 CPM when the device is showing 15. I have the correct COM port selected. Any ideas?

Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:27 pm

Adjusted the baud rate and the data is uploading correctly now. Still can't adjust the location however.

Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:39 pm

Bert490 wrote:
I'm having difficulty setting my location again. I changed my USB converter and it's a different COM port now, and have found that my NETC ID has changed from xxx.5 to xxx.6, with "location not set". The location setting page from WAPP4NETC does not accept any address I type, and I cannot use LAT/LONG as it's greyed out. I've had the same problem before, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Me too. I just recently had mine disappear. Figure it has something to do with one of MS updates. The unit is still working, but I have disappeared from view.
I need help too.

Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]