View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Google News Search 

Each morning I turn on my PC and select the NETC button for a quick look of our overall status.

Then I select Google News to see what MSM is pushing today.
It's always shocking, in one way or another.

This morning, I made the US News selection... about the same.

So I typed 'New Mexico' in the Search window.
Three pages down I discovered mention of news regarding the WIPP site!

I would have thought MSM and the New Mexico populace in general, their government agencies and political representatives, would have been expressing much more concern over a leaky nuclear storage facility in their state that was now going to stack incoming waste in the parking lot, quite near major population centers!

I investigated a few aspects of the scenario with another Google search which happened to lead me to a number of Pro Nuclear news sites.

One writer felt it was better to continue shipping waste from places around the country to the parking lot of the WIPP facility than halt workers in other places doing their jobs packaging up waste.

I suppose it would be difficult to tell a workforce with 100,000 year job expectancy, "You folks are going to have to go home now, We have no place other than a vacant parking lot to store the bundles you are making."

A top story with the Nuclear News bunch was a senior reactor operator, functioning as THE plant operator, failed a random fitness test at the Salem Nuclear Plant.
A failed urinalysis test for cocaine use.

Gosh. New Jersey is a VERY densely populated part of our country to have a druggie at the controls of an aging, and admittedly troublesome nuke plant.

I would need to stand flat footed, in front of this individual, and tell him, "You are not smart enough for this job. Go home. We'll mail your check to you."

This person was unable to recognize his really good wage level that allowed him a McMansion, shiny new car in the driveway and possibly a swimming pool and vacation time would all be in jeopardy for drug use???? Everyone knows there is random drug testing on job sites! Everyone!!!

This is also a failure of their Human Resources department, and Security department.
...lol Wikipedia says actor Bruce Willis once worked there as a security guard...

I'm NOT going to include any links or cites...
Better if you search for the truth of the matter yourself.
Stunning, the things you discover along the way...

and I had not yet searched for information on anti-nuke sites!!!

This is scary.
I have children.
rc

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:21 am

Bruce Willis could make a new movie about a security guard at a nuclear waste storage site. They could call it Fry Hard.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:32 pm

rustycase wrote:
I would have thought MSM and the New Mexico populace in general, their government agencies and political representatives, would have been expressing much more concern over a leaky nuclear storage facility in their state that was now going to stack incoming waste in the parking lot, quite near major population centers!

They are expressing loads of concern... it is barely getting out.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Ooops wrote:
They are expressing loads of concern... it is barely getting out.

Welcome to the police state, the United States. :(

As the internet continues to be locked down more and more along with the Fairness Doctrine likely to be put in place again, you can expect to hear less of what really is going on. In fact, forums like this may not be allowed to continue in the name of Homeland Security.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Entirely possible, KC...

I had recently discovered a ytoob channel that presented very good compilations of news events.
Yesterday they jumped ship to vimeo, complaining about restrictions at the yt site.

nsa can do it all, discretely.
minor glitch in the matrix and you have no communication services.
at all.

I'm surprised cia has been called to the carpet.
rc

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:36 am

Most households do not have a regular phone line anymore and most computers do not have a regular modem anymore. Returning to a BBS type communication system is not a likely option without the standard phone line and computer modems. Everything has become so centered around the internet as the only data cable available, without it we are without any communications.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 am

I suppose you are more up-to-date than I, kc. I would have used 'many', as opposed to 'most'.

Are you aware of packet radio, employed on the 2mtr amateur band with relatively inexpensive equipment, and also similar digital transfer on the HF bands, yet slower speed capability?

It's been a decade since I was competent on the subject, yet I believe it to be a viable alternative to corporate ventures and heavy-handed regulatory control.
It's probably the fore-runner of wifi.

best
rc

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:43 pm

rustycase wrote:
I suppose you are more up-to-date than I, kc. I would have used 'many', as opposed to 'most'.

Are you aware of packet radio, employed on the 2mtr amateur band with relatively inexpensive equipment, and also similar digital transfer on the HF bands, yet slower speed capability?

It's been a decade since I was competent on the subject, yet I believe it to be a viable alternative to corporate ventures and heavy-handed regulatory control.
It's probably the fore-runner of wifi.

best
rc

Yes those are an option but amateur band requires a license and I consider that heavy-handed regulatory control. :(

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Yes, it is. Regulation is a benefit of society. :-)
Anarchy simply won't work.
Just can't have the college kids down the block building their own reactor so they don't have huge electric bills for their all night parties.

The codeless technician entry level license is probably only $10 and a lot is easily learned for that entertainment dollar.

Anyhow, it's an option to commercial ISP's and entirely possible under shtf circumstances and all that stuff.
rc

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:41 am

this one just popped up on the yt from RT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLoaLbE ... kkJYgbGwy6

a three year commentary

There ws mention of taking a supertanker there to gather up all the liquid in those tanks, so it does not just eventually all leak into the pacific, and take it somewhere.

IIRC, USS Reagan was refused entry into a port after it had passed through the initial plume.

Question...
Who is going to allow that supertanker to dump it's load?
Who is going to allow their supertanker to be written off?

Option?

Build pipeline up over that hill and pump that toxic liquid into a pond so it will not just run down the hill into the pacific.

PLUTO was built quickly for OVERLORD.

Get r' dun.

rc

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next